The Fairmont, San Francisco
950 Mason Street, San Francisco, CA 94108
Located at the top of Nob Hill in the heart of San Francisco, the historic Fairmont Hotel offers stunning views of San Francisco and San Francisco Bay. The hotel takes up a city block between Powell and Mason Streets and Stockton and California Streets.
BY PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
The Fairmont is serviced by the Number 1 bus line and three cable car lines: the Powell and Mason line, the Powell and Hyde line and the California Street line.
Travelers coming in from either the San Francisco International Airport or the Oakland International Airport can take the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) to downtown San Francisco and connect to either the cable car or bus lines.
Travelers can connect to the Number 1 bus and the California Street cable car line from the Embarcadero BART station.
Travelers can connect to either the Powell and Hyde and the Powell and Mason cable cars from the Powell Street BART Station.
Whenever possible, we encourage the use of public transportation. Parking on Nob Hill is fairly scarce. If you need to drive, consider parking somewhere along the #1 California MUNI bus line. It is one the city’s most frequent, dependable lines and has very convenient stops near the Cathedral both inbound and outbound.
BY AIRPORT SHUTTLE/TAXI:
From San Francisco International Airport: Reservations are recommended. See www.supershuttle.com or call 1-800-BLUE-VAN (258-3826).
From Oakland International Airport: Several shuttle companies offer services from Oakland International. You can visit their shuttle information page to get more information and call individual companies for rates.
Please note that due to COVID-19, many of the shared van companies are offering limited service and therefore have increased prices substantially. A taxi or Uber/Lyft are likely the most cost-effective options available to you.
From San Francisco International Airport (SFO) to the hotel:
* Hwy 101 N into the city. 101 N can be accessed from Hwy 280 N
* Keep left & follow the signs for Hwy 101 N, Golden Gate Bridge
* Take the 9th St., Civic Center exit. Make a half left onto 9th St.
* Go 5 blocks to Market Street
* When you cross over Market St., 9th St. becomes Larkin St.
* Go 14 blocks on Larkin St. and turn right onto California St.
* Go 5 blocks on California Street and turn left onto Mason Street
From East Bay to the hotel:
* Take Hwy. 80 West over the Bay Bridge ($5 toll)
* Take the Fremont exit off the Bay Bridge. The 1st SF exit on right
* Turn left at the bottom of the exit onto Fremont Street
* Get into the right lane and go 2 blocks until Market Street
* When you cross over Market St., Fremont St. becomes Front St.
* Go 2 blocks on Front, and turn left onto California Street
* Go 8 blocks up California, and turn right onto Mason Street
From South Bay to the hotel:
* Hwy. 101 N into the city. 101 N can be accessed from Hwy. 280 N
* Keep left & follow the signs for Hwy.101 N, Golden Gate Bridge
* Take the 9th St./Civic Center exit. Make a half left onto 9th St.
* Go 5 blocks to Market Street. Stay in the right lane.
* When you cross over Market Street, 9th becomes Larkin Street
* Go 14 blocks on Larkin, and turn right onto California Street
* Go 5 blocks on California, and turn left onto Mason Street
From North Bay to the hotel:
* Take Highway 101 South over the Golden Gate Bridge ($7.50 toll)
* Take the Lombard Street Exit
* Go 11 blocks on Lombard Street and turn right onto Gough Street
* Go 12 blocks on Gough Street and turn left onto California Street
* Go 9 blocks on California Street and turn left onto Mason Street
* The Fairmont is on the corner of California and Mason Street
FAIRMONT HOTEL GARAGE (The Parking Place)
Open 24 hours; 160 parking spaces
RATES: Visitor Rate - $19.00 per hour, with daily maximum of $75 (+14% tax).
Overnight Hotel Guest Parking - $75 per night with unlimited access (+ 14% tax).
Hours: 24 Hours, 7 days a week; 550 parking spaces
RATES: $4 for every 15 minutes; $38.00 per day maximum. Early Bird Special, $12 (M-F only, enter between 5-9 AM leave by 6 PM)
**rates may change based on event schedule - please call to confirm.
The above parking rate information is provided by the Fairmont Hotel for your assistance. The hotel does not guarantee the rates posted. Prices are subject to change without notice. You may find other options nearby using a site like Parkopedia or Spot Hero.
*The information above was part of a larger information e-mail that was sent on 02/08/23 at 4:00 PM ET to all attendees registered to attend live onsite in San Francisco.